Saturday, April 2, 2011

cells- the good, the bad, the whatever

\
Pages from
Butterfly Kisses and Wishes on Wings: When someone you love has cancer... a helpful, hopeful book for kids 
What I understand now is that our body is always making bad or cells that have gone awry.  But most of us can fight it off.  Cancer is when our body is not able to fight them off- an immune deficiency. Never really thought of it that way.

In any event, I am in a good place mentally, and when I look at these two illustrations I am reminded of the warm summer day when I had Griffin at age 5 jump up so I could do this drawing on our patio, and Nate at age 3 modeled for the illustration on the right with his microscope.  

They were little then, 5 and 3 respectively.   Cutie pies. Still are, just as feisty, and just as cute.

My butterflies...




No comments: