Thursday, March 17, 2011

Make that Plural

The other day my mom went to the doctor...
from Butterfly Kisses and Wishes on Wings: When someone you love has cancer... a hopeful, helpful book for kids
Make that Plural in many ways.

I have to use Ellen's words again. sigh.

It's never just one doctor. This time, it was my gyn that sent me for the Breast MRI after I showed her some lumps under my right arm. And that, was only the beginning.

Navigating through doctors and tests is no easy feat. Finding the best course of action, the doctors that you want to - and can (Hello, PPO's, HMO's, EMO's - another world for sure) work with, is mind bending. and nerve wracking.

Now, two months later from this second diagnosis for breast cancer. I have a clear direction- malignant nodes and possibly small tumors in residual breast tissue on the right side where it was originally 8 years ago. A ruptured implant on the left. ug... and Sloan Kettering wants one more biopsy before they schedule my surgery.

Hopefully soon, to get this part over with, but the truth is why do I want to rush it? I feel GOOD and I have my wonderful support system, my hair (!) and am giving thanks that it is a beautiful sunny spring like day!

No comments: